Kiddos!

Existing and requested feature discussion.

Kiddos!

Postby JuJu Imperioli on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm

I got to thinking about that whole neglect proposal. And I'm not going to lie, Julisa doesn't carry her kids with her everywhere. It's not convenient holding them both in your "hands" (people have to look at you to notice), nor are you able to emote for a child in a stroller.. which is barely any fun anyway because a stroller never shows if a child is in it or not to others around.

I think it'd be cool if we could control kids who are old enough and able to walk/talk as we're able to with troops. We'd be able to talk on the radio or roleplay them in a room without them looking like just an object, but indeed a person we're leading around.

Honestly it gets old holding a three/four year old in your hand! If Julisa's oldest son was able to follow her and not just be held in her hand, she'd definitely have him around more. I think it'd be fun and offer fun RP opportunities.
JuJu Imperioli

Re: Kiddos!

Postby Jacob_Reed on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:39 am

What about once a kid reaches a certin age giving the option at the creation menu to play someones kid ?
Jacob_Reed

Postby Drew Hopkins on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 am

We do allow some players to create their children as characters on their account, but we are more strict in approving these types of alts. Every time we do, the child is played as an uncontrollable brat, because it's obvious that no one in the game can actually do or say much to/about them. Not like police can arrest a four-year-old who is hitting people. It creates a situation where the children are overly used to cause problems, and that's not exactly what we're going for on such a set-up.

I could consider making the child system more versatile, allow them to follow parents and more controllable. Is there much interest in something of this nature?

Drew.
Drew Hopkins
Site Admin

Postby Mitena Thorne on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

I would be interested in something like that.
Mitena Thorne

Return to Features